Tuesday, December 28, 2010

No - Not a word in his dictionary :)

Your wish is my command - your highness!
and there I was, feeling like a little princess
with the newly acquired swan brooch with a dazzling diamond on it...

I had tried to cajole even coerce the others into buying the dazzling brooch - but to no avail
and this man, with whom I had vowed to spend the rest of my life
got me the desired object even without asking....

It looked cheap and tacky - the others said
But my eyes were shining as bright as the newly acquired treasure
That glowed on my dress - and his eyes shone even brighter seeing the joy on my face

And many such small presents - candies when I sat at Co-operative Medical Store
A trip to see those puppies
Every holiday it seems all he wanted was to be with his little princess
And I would howl to be with him when the train left the platform

Then the tides changed - I became a teenager
No longer content with a doting grand-dad
And there I was so eager to explore the world
That I did not notice how this man for whom I had meant the world
Slowly slipped into oblivion...

Dedicated to my grandad - Who never could say no!

1 comment:

  1. lovely note!
    broght back memories of my grandad...!
    those old nostalgic memories!

    ReplyDelete